Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone Forum Index Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone
Forum officiel / Official forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ultimate Typing Championship
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone Forum Index -> Zone Détente
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Minilek



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 50
Location: Cambridge, MA

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009 22:23    Post subject: Ultimate Typing Championship Reply with quote

http://www.ultimatetypingchampionship.com/ : with a $2000 grand prize. Thought people might be interested.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
incith



Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 29
Location: Canada

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to compete:

Contest Rules wrote:
WHO CAN ENTER: An individual is eligible to participate in the Contest if he or she meets the following requirements at the time of entry:
The individual is a permanent, legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Colombia.

_________________
; Jordan W.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Minilek



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 50
Location: Cambridge, MA

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009 00:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, poop. Sorry about that. I checked the FAQ for eligibility criteria and didn't see that, but I forgot to check the "Terms and Conditions".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Damz



Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 331
Location: Montréal, Québec (Canada)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009 06:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats in advance Jelani Wink

Edit: isn't typrX an obvious ripoff of typeracer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Son



Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 175

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one hell of a fight I see there, for grabbing 3rd place Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Minilek



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 50
Location: Cambridge, MA

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damz wrote:
isn't typrX an obvious ripoff of typeracer?


Seems like it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zoran



Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 60

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan, when will you type next time? When an enlgish text wins?
If I am someone I wouldn't let you type whenever you want. Yeah, it's free for everyone to come on typingzone and type but the problem with you and a few other typists is that you come here only when you can get some position. I'm really glad becuase Andrei beat you, and Brazilian guy also. That is telling you that you CAN'T win EVEN in your own language. Too bad, you will never ever type again probably now, after this. If you just knew, you wouldn't send your score. What a shame!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Son



Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 175

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Zoran,

Here is my opinion:

1. A guy who is 1st place (Karen) will try not to lose it, unless he must travel abroad, and he doesn't have enough time (nor good keyboards) to practice.
-> I am really sorry for what happened to Karen, but he still has chances to recover.

2. A guy who is 2nd place (me) will always push himself hard, because in the end, maybe he could win the championship.
-> That's exactly what I did, I typed the bloody text hundreds of times, over and over and over again....

3. A guy who is 16 years old (Guilherme) has a lot of energy and ambition, and wants to test his limits, so he would practice like crazy.
-> good job Guilherme, it was another impressive performance !

4. Jordan is a very fast guy, but he seems overconfident. Maybe he was convinced of his superiority, therefore he didn't put enough effort. On the other hand, you are right too: it is impossible to win every time, even in one's own language (Karen beat me in Romanian too Crying or Very sad http://typingzone.com/?page=archives&month=2006-01 )

5. Well done Zoran, you almost secured the 3rd spot, but be careful next month, Chris might plan a comeback Smile

Last, but not least: Jelani, why didn't you participate? Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
incith



Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 29
Location: Canada

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoran wrote:
Jordan, when will you type next time? When an enlgish text wins?
If I am someone I wouldn't let you type whenever you want. Yeah, it's free for everyone to come on typingzone and type but the problem with you and a few other typists is that you come here only when you can get some position. I'm really glad becuase Andrei beat you, and Brazilian guy also. That is telling you that you CAN'T win EVEN in your own language. Too bad, you will never ever type again probably now, after this. If you just knew, you wouldn't send your score. What a shame!


Sounds like jealousy to me. Why so angry and bitter these days Zoran?

Sounds like you need a break from typing, if you are only going to come around with this attitude, then don't come around at all, okay?

I beat you. Deal with it.
_________________
; Jordan W.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Minilek



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 50
Location: Cambridge, MA

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son wrote:
Last, but not least: Jelani, why didn't you participate? Sad


I probably would if I could get the software working in wine, so that I don't have to reboot into Windows. I guess I could also install Windows in a virtual machine, but that seems like too much trouble since I wouldn't use Windows for anything else.

Also, what do you mean you're sorry for what happened to Karen? What happened to him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DragonY



Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 75
Location: the infinity of myself ,Romania

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son wrote:


A guy who is 16 years old (Guilherme)


i am very convinced that he is not 16 years old,he's 20
http://www.youtube.com/user/KuKkainX
anyway congrats to him,like you said,another great performance,go Guilherme

Zoran,i really understand you,i tend to get angry when i lose too, i guess we are all perfectionists,but sometimes you have to accept it eventhough you did a great job too.

If we refer to typing I can't play in youre league yet,but i like conversating around here.See ya.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Zoran



Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 60

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

incith wrote:

Sounds like jealousy to me. Why so angry and bitter these days Zoran?

I'm not jealous, but I'm tired of people like you. Just a few of us types on EVERY SINGLE master. Where have you been on a last few masters? You were sick, on a trip, being busy? I don't think so. You just come to type on master when you THINK (but just think) you can beat the rest of typing contestants, but this time you've made a mistake, a big one. [/quote]
incith wrote:

Sounds like you need a break from typing, if you are only going to come around with this attitude, then don't come around at all, okay?

First at all, if I didn't invite you to typeracer and typingzone you would never be able to know about these sites. Second, I am more like a host here, and you are just a occasional guest. [/quote]

incith wrote:

I beat you. Deal with it.

Yes, you DID, BUT you never type in any other language but yours. That's not the POINT of this site. Try to beat the rest of typists here on some other language. I NEVER typed on my own language, but I always type. NO EXCUSES for me, for Karen, for Andrei, for Martin, for Damien...
Try to beat me on the french text for example, in typing numbers....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zoran



Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 60

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son wrote:
Hello Zoran,

Here is my opinion:

1. A guy who is 1st place (Karen) will try not to lose it, unless he must travel abroad, and he doesn't have enough time (nor good keyboards) to practice.
-> I am really sorry for what happened to Karen, but he still has chances to recover.

2. A guy who is 2nd place (me) will always push himself hard, because in the end, maybe he could win the championship.
-> That's exactly what I did, I typed the bloody text hundreds of times, over and over and over again....

3. A guy who is 16 years old (Guilherme) has a lot of energy and ambition, and wants to test his limits, so he would practice like crazy.
-> good job Guilherme, it was another impressive performance !

4. Jordan is a very fast guy, but he seems overconfident. Maybe he was convinced of his superiority, therefore he didn't put enough effort. On the other hand, you are right too: it is impossible to win every time, even in one's own language (Karen beat me in Romanian too Crying or Very sad http://typingzone.com/?page=archives&month=2006-01 )

5. Well done Zoran, you almost secured the 3rd spot, but be careful next month, Chris might plan a comeback Smile

Chris never beats me in an english text! He beats me in French OF COURSE. Nothing strange.
Karen types EVEN when he is 1.000 km far away from his home on some shitty keyboard and Jordan needs everything to be JUST perfect to type (english text, good weather conditions, hot place for typing....).
We'll see will he type in december if french text wins. I don't think so. That is called "being a coward". HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS DOING THAT! David Pritts is doing the same! I told that to him. I'm not talking behind the someone's backs.
How can you type every time? How can I type every time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Damz



Joined: 08 Sep 2007
Posts: 331
Location: Montréal, Québec (Canada)

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the big deal is right here... If someone doesn't want to type in a language he doesn't understand, that's his choice. Of course I would like if everyone participated each month, no matter what language, but hey this site is just for fun and no one is forced to participate, nor should they be accountable before anyone when they choose not to.

That said, congrats to the top 3 guys who literally flew over the competition with 20+ wpm above everyone else! Too bad Karen couldn't type from home, because now he's in big trouble to win the championship... The master of december is going to be interesting.

To Martin, you can stop letting me win, I'm now a one point ahead of you... Next month is gonna be the ultimate showdown!

Jelani -> maybe you could contact Jean-Didier and suggest that you adapt the program for linux if you think it would be easy to do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incith



Joined: 08 May 2009
Posts: 29
Location: Canada

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoran wrote:
and Jordan needs everything to be JUST perfect to type (english text, good weather conditions, hot place for typing....).
We'll see will he type in december if french text wins. I don't think so. That is called "being a coward".

I remember when you used to be cool. Then one day, you blocked me for no reason, and decided everyone was against you. This is called being "crazy". Also, I use an air conditioner when I type. Sweaty hands = not good! Duh!

Zoran wrote:
incith wrote:

Sounds like jealousy to me. Why so angry and bitter these days Zoran?

I'm not jealous, but I'm tired of people like you. Just a few of us types on EVERY SINGLE master. Where have you been on a last few masters? You were sick, on a trip, being busy? I don't think so. You just come to type on master when you THINK (but just think) you can beat the rest of typing contestants, but this time you've made a mistake, a big one.


Zoran, again, I am not sure what you are trying to justify by writing such utter nonsense. You are just making yourself sound childish.

I have always told people I enjoy and only type in English. This is my choice. I do not have to type in another language just to please you, if this bothers you, then stop typing.

Zoran wrote:
incith wrote:

Sounds like you need a break from typing, if you are only going to come around with this attitude, then don't come around at all, okay?

First at all, if I didn't invite you to typeracer and typingzone you would never be able to know about these sites. Second, I am more like a host here, and you are just a occasional guest.

No, you aren't. Get over yourself, kid. Would you be happier these days if you had never shown me typingzone? Lol. Maybe you would have got 3rd place then.

Zoran wrote:

incith wrote:

I beat you. Deal with it.

Yes, you DID, BUT you never type in any other language but yours. That's not the POINT of this site. Try to beat the rest of typists here on some other language. I NEVER typed on my own language, but I always type. NO EXCUSES for me, for Karen, for Andrei, for Martin, for Damien...
Try to beat me on the french text for example, in typing numbers....


Why? I don't type in French. I type in English... try to beat me. =) I have no desire, urge, motivation, or will to bother typing in a foreign language. I type fast in English and I have fun doing it -- something you need to learn again (the fun part).

WHYSOSRS?

Edit: Forgot one last point -- I'm not trying to be grandmaster-typer-of-the-universe-in-every-language. I am not trying to be number-one-super-pro-of-english. If I always won, and I am not such a serious typer, wouldn't that be boring? I think it's wonderful people are finally beating me, when I truly have no desire for this stuff all in all. If I was able to just show up and randomly type first place every time... that would be boring. This is not a "mistake", this is called a competition.

Edit #2: I did type in French -- http://www.typingzone.com/?page=archives&month=2009-07 -- and I beat you -- now please, be a nice little boy.
_________________
; Jordan W.


Last edited by incith on 21 Nov 2009 10:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone Forum Index -> Zone Détente All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group